If these long nights got you jonesin’ to tear up some snow, grab your fat bike and hit the “Snow-Dank Supercrit,” a weekly free fat bike race series that’ll run Jan. 15, 22, 29, and Feb. 5 and 10.
In the green space west of Lost Cabin, you can register for each night’s event from 6-6:30 p.m. at a table by the fire pit (yes, that’s right, kids, a fire pit), and the race itself will start at 6:45 p.m.
Snow-Dank Supercrit rules and regs
- Fat bikes only (Tires 3.8 inches and wider)
- Lights required
- Lap format on short course
- Course will be marked either with step-in stakes and barrier tape or snow paint
- Course will be a mixture of cyclocross style with added features to be determined
- Course will be different each week and groomed if snow is present
- Race will last about 45 minutes
Otherwise, you can hand out high fives and heckle from the spectator area, enjoy some s’mores, drop $20 on the raffle for a bike — courtesy of Black Hills Bicycles and Lost Cabin — sign up to join the Black Hills Mountain Bike Association, and top it all off with a victory beer in our taproom.
We’re gonna have donation buckets out, so although this is a free event, all of the money raised will go to Black Hills Trails, so you’ll be supporting a good cause while killing a winter’s evening.
The series will end with a big ol’ bash on Sunday, Feb. 10, so watch for more details on those shenanigans, and we’ll see you and your fatties out on the course.